FITCHBURG – Troopers with the Massachusetts State Police pulled over a vehicle in Fitchburg during the early morning hours of Wednesday, September 9, which left Cody Mounsysavanh, 25, of Fitchburg, facing firearms related charges.
Mounsysavanh was driving a Nissan sedan on Boutelle St. around 3 AM with a revoked registration, prompting the Troopers to conduct the stop.
The Troopers soon determined that Mounsysavanh was driving with a suspended driver’s license. They asked Mounsysavanh to exit the vehicle to take an inventory of its content prior to a tow truck arriving.
When Mounsysavanh exited, he notified the Troopers that there was a loaded firearm of a loaded firearm in a bag on the passenger seat.
Mounsysavanh is not licensed to carry firearms in Massachusetts.
Troopers located a 9mm pistol along with three cell phones in a bag inside the vehicle.
A bail commissioner set bail at $10,000.
Mounsysavanh faces the following charges:
- Possession of a Firearm without FID Card
- Carrying a Firearm
- Possession of Ammunition without FID Card
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm
- Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Suspended License
- Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked Registration
- Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.