WORCESTER – Five people — four from Worcester, one from Fitchburg — were arraigned last week after an investigation into a fentanyl distribution operation.
According to the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office, the five suspects were arraigned on Friday following a joing investigation by the State Police Detectives assigned to the Worcester District Attorney’s Office, the State Police Gang Unit, Worcester Police Vice Unit and the State Police K9 Unit.
Approximately 320 grams of a substance suspected to be the synthetic opioid fentanyl were seized along with $26,837.
All five defendants were charged with trafficking in 200 grams or more of heroin/morphine/opium and conspiracy to violate the drug law.
- Jonly A. Dominguez, 33, of 637 Grafton St., Apt. 2, also was charged with four counts of distribution of a Class A substance. He was held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing on Friday.
- Jorge L. Martinez-Encarnacion, 31, of the same address, was held on $10,000 bail. His case was continued to June 28.
- Gioconda Reyes, 26, of 60 Plantation St., Apt. 2, was held without bail for a dangerousness hearing on tomorrow.
- Sharina Maria-Reyes, 23, of 60 Plantation St., Apt. 2, was released without bail on a GPS monitor. Her case was continued to June 28.
- Tania Ramos, 38, of 127 Crestview Lane, Fitchburg, was released without bail on a GPS monitor. Her case was continued to June 28.
Search warrants were issued for for 637 Grafton St. and 60 Plantation St.
The search at the Grafton Street address netted roughly 200 grams of a substance suspected to be fentanyl, a large amount of U.S. currency, digital scales and packaging materials.
At the Plantation Street address ,investigators found more of a substance suspected to be fentanyl and various items used to break up large amounts of narcotics.
Investigators retrieved more of a substance suspected to be fentanyl when executing search warrants on four vehicles connected to the defendants.
Follow us on The016.com, the social network for Worcester and you!
WEST BROOKFIELD - The body of a 54-year-old man was pulled from the Quaboag River on Saturday in West Brookfield, according to Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.The body of Kevin A. Dion, of 72 Long Hill Road, was pulled from...
WORCESTER - The Worcester City Council meets tomorrow night, Tuesday, June 25. Each week, ThisWeekinWorcester.com [TWIW] will provide a preview of the upcoming meeting to help keep readers informed of the on-goings of the city’s governing body....
WORCESTER – In today's daily 5 Things You Need to Know feature, ThisWeekinWorcester.com will explore five important items and stories that Worcester and Central Massachusetts residents should keep a close eye on.These five things can cover a...