WORCESTER – A police stop of an erratic driver led to the arrest of a man on drug and firearm charges on Monday at around 1 PM.
A Worcester Police Gang Unit officer near Goldsberry Street saw a gray Toyota Camry allegedly speeding and swerving outside of its lane. After calling for officer support, the vehicle was stopped on Grafton Street.
According to the Worcester Police Department, as officers approached the vehicle, they observed Eliezer Delvalle, 28, of Webster, reaching toward a fanny pack on his waistband. After refusing to step from the vehicle, officers removed him.
Police say officers located a handgun in Delvalle’s waistband and large amount of what they believed to be Fentanyl. Delvalle does not have a license to carry a firearm.
Delvalle faces charges of:
- Carrying a Firearm without a License;
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License;
- Armed Career Criminal Level 1;
- Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card;
- Trafficking in Fentanyl;
- Resisting Arrest;
- Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony; v
- Operating to Endanger.