WORCESTER - At Friday's City of Worcester media briefing, City Manager Ed Augustus announced that the city-owned Green Hill golf course will re-open on Saturday, May 16.
Payments and tee-times can only be made online at greenhillgc.com.
Augustus said the City was comfortable re-opening the course due to what appears to be a downward trend in the COVID-19 surge. The City Manager laid out the plans for play at the course until further notice.
Here are the full guidelines from Green Hill:
- Tee times will be required.
- Tee times will be 15 minutes apart.
- There will be some 9 hole back 9 tee times available in the mornings.
- Arrive only 15 minutes before your tee time.
- No more than 4 players will be allowed on any tee time.
- If a tee time is not needed, it must be canceled at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel a time will result in the player being charged for the time.
- Check-in required.
- All players must check in 15 minutes prior to play at our service window.
- We encourage the use of a credit card when possible.
- Updated rules and policies will be posted at check in window.
- You can print your scorecard prior to play from the course web-site, or use the new GHIN AP to track you scores. We will pass out cards only upon request.
- Golf Carts
- Golf Carts will be available, in compliance with ADA standards for player who require the use of a cart based on a disability. The following must be done each time you rent a cart.
- Players must either: A. Present proof of disability. Examples include but are not limited to: Doctors note, State issued disability document (example: handicap plaque), or the like. Or B. Submit a signed affidavit stating that a golf cart is required in order for them to play golf due to a disability.
- Players will be assigned a specific cart, and must return the cart to the storage area post round.
- Players must remove all trash from the cart.
- Practice facilities and congregation. Practice putting greens and driving range are closed. Players shall not be permitted to congregate at any time before or after a round.