WORCESTER – Police responded to North Street on Saturday afternoon in response to a report of a business dispute that led to an assault and arrested a man on several charges.
According to Worcester Police, officers responded to the report at around 1:30 PM and learned a dispute over the price of a dumpster rental led to Michael Harris, 28, of Worcester, wielding a handgun in a threatening manner and striking a man with it. Harris also allegedly kicked the man’s vehicle.
Police say they were told Harris returned to his vehicle after the incident.
Officers arrested Harris and discovered a loaded handgun inside the vehicle. He does not have a license to carry firearms.
Harris faces charges of:
- Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon (Firearm);
- Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (Firearm);
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License;
- Carrying a Firearm without a License;
- Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm;
- Improper Storage of a Large Capacity Firearm;
- Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device; and
- Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card.
Editor’s note: The information provided in this report is based on recent events as described by police. The claims within are allegations by police which may be challenged by the accused in court.