It’s National Drink Wine Day!
National Drink Wine Day is celebrated annually on Feb. 18 and the Worcester area has no shortage of great places to help you celebrate.
Whether it be wine stores, package stores with a large variety of wines, or restaurants with enormous wine menus, Worcester has you covered for National Drink Wine Day.
Here are 13 places to get your wine “fix” today:
The Wine Vine – 142B Highland St., Worcester [across from parking lot of Sole Proprieter]
- Not only does The Wine Vine have an extensive selection of wine, you can also join a wine club, attend wine tastings, and shop for wine and other gifts online.
Ed Hyder’s Mediterranean Marketplace – 408 Pleasant St., Worcester
- For 40 years, Ed Hyder’s has been a go-to for wine connoisseurs in the city. The store boasts a quality selection of imported and domestic wines, as well as an enormous catering and take-out menu.
Mass Liquors – 392 Chandler St., Worcester
- Mass Liquors has more than 2,000 wines in their selection and has one of the largest selections of cold wines and champagne in Massachusetts. You can even place special orders for wine right online.
Total Wine & More – 87 Boston-Worcester Turnpike, Shrewsbury
- Through the Instacart App, you can get same-day delivery right to your front door from Total Wine [free delivery on first order]. The store is currently running a 15% off deal on a mix-and-match of 8 or more 750ml bottles.
Austin Liquors – 117 Gold Star Blvd & 370 Park Ave., Worcester & 20 Boston Tpk Rd., Shrewbury
- The “supermarket” of liquor stores, Austin Liquors is known for its huge selections of wine, beer and spirits. Online ordering and delivery is also available at Austin Liquors. Orders must be $50 or more for delivery.
O’Hara’s Wine & Liquors – 402 W. Boylston St. & 867 Grafton St., Worcester
- Now through March 10, both O’Hara’s locations are holding their annual Winter Wine Sale – 20% off ANY 750ml bottle. O’Hara’s also holds many wine tastings, dinners and symposiums. It’s next Wine Dinner is at Lock50 on Water St. in Worcester on Weds., Feb 20.
North Main Provisions – 122 Main St., Worcester
- Next to Crust Artisan Bakeshop in downtown Worcester, North Main Provisions is fairly new to the specialty wine shop scene. The owners identify the store as a complimentary wine and cheese shop to Crust and offer a full catering menu.
Bocado Tapas Wine Bar – 82 Winter St., Worcester
- Well-known for their extensive wine menu, Bocado’s goal is to pair the perfect wine with their savory, small plates. Next month, they’re hosting a Spain vs. Italy Wine Dinner.
Westborough Cork & Grain – 2 W. Main St., Westborough
- Westborough Cork & Grain has built out an “upscale, Sonoma wine country inspired” tasting bar area for customers to “try before they buy.” If you join their cork club, you can get 15% off your next wine purchase — or buy a case of wine and get 10% off, or a half a case of wine and 5% off.
Julio’s Liquors – 140 Turnpike Rd., Westborough
- Julio’s has the mecca of all wine tasting rooms. For starters, it’s free. And on top of that, there’s 27 different wines on tap. Julio’s is hosting two upcoming wine events — the Kopke Colheita Vertical Tasting on Feb. 19, and The Pinot Puzzle Terroir Tasting on Feb. 26.
111 Chophouse – 111 Shrewsbury St., Worcester – 508-799-4111
VIA Italian Table – 89 Shrewsbury St., Worcester – 508-754-4842
& Sole Proprietor – 118 Highland St., Worcester – 508-798-3474
- All three restaurants are under the umbrella of the Worcester Restaurant Group — and all three have extensive wine menus — 111 Chophouse, VIA, and Sole Proprietor.