Two-Alarm Fire in Leicester Started by Lawnmower Malfunction

Two-Alarm Fire in Leicester Started by Lawnmower Malfunction

LEICESTER – On Sunday afternoon, the Leicester Fire Dept. battled a massive two-alarm fire that engulfed a home on Baldwin St.

The single-family home is located at 193 Baldwin St.

According to a report from the Telegram and Gazette, the fire started due a malfunction with the homeowners’ lawnmower which was in the garage.

The garage was destroyed by the fire.

According to Facebook posts, the family members and pets were all reported safe. 

The home is located near the intersection of Baldwin St. and Parker St.

 

Two-Alarm Fire in Leicester Started by Lawnmower Malfunction 1

Photos: Leicester Police Dept./Facebook


Follow us on The016.com, the social network for Worcester and you!

Recent Headlines

Worcester Man Indicted for $110k Workers Comp Scheme

BOSTON - A Worcester man was indicted on Tuesday in connection with a scheme to evade more than $110,000 in workers' compensation premiums, according to Attorney General Maura Healey's office. Sovane Kien, 56, was indicted by a Worcester County Grand Jury...

Worcester Ranked Among Least Fun Cities in America, Again

WORCESTER - For at least the third year in a row, Worcester is ranked among the "least fun" cities in America.To make matters worse, since 2017, Worcester's ranking in WalletHub's Most Fun Cities in America report has dropped -- from #117 in 2017 to #153...

Facebook Comments

Author

  • Two-Alarm Fire in Leicester Started by Lawnmower Malfunction 2

    Patrick Sargent is the founder and lead reporter for ThisWeekinWorcester.com. He was born and raised on Grafton Hill and is a graduate of Holy Name high school and Worcester State University. Over the past two years, he worked as a contributing reporter for the Worcester Sun. Previous to that, over the course of several years, he had stints with GoLocalWorcester, Worcester Magazine, the Leominster Champion and Fitchburg Pride. He is the owner of Sargent Media, LLC and can be contacted at [email protected] or 774-232-1223.