WORCESTER – Early Tuesday morning, the Worcester Police Department responded to a report of a stabbing outside of 15 Oread St.
According to the police call [listen below], the male victim of the stabbing walked at least a ¼ of a mile between 15 Oread St. and Piedmont St. after being stabbed.
Over police radio, an officer reported that the victim “walked all over the place.” “There’s blood as far as Piedmont [St.] too. We need to figure out where this stops,” the officer said.
The stabbing is believed to have occurred just before 4 AM on Tuesday morning.
LISTEN BELOW: Police Call on Stabbing Victim on Oread St.
A Sgt. from the Worcester Police responded over the radio “Yeah, do your best to secure that area. We’ve got blood all over Main St. — both sides over here.”
Main St. was blocked off on both sides for a “very large crime scene.”
From the Worcester PD: “On Tuesday May 7, 2019, at about 3:52 AM, Worcester Police officers were dispatched to the area of Oread St for a report of a possible disturbance. Officers spoke [with] Clark Police Department officers, who had discovered a twenty-seven-year-old man who had been stabbed several times. The victim was transported to the hospital. He is in serious condition but is expected to survive. Worcester Police Detectives are investigating, and Crime Scene Unit detectives are processing the scene on Oread St.
This investigation is ongoing. If anyone has information about this incident, please send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message atworcesterma.gov/police. Calls can also be made to the Worcester Police Detective Bureau at (508) 799-8651.”
Here’s what can be heard on radio call:
- Dispatch received a call around 3:30 AM from a limo driver that “something is happening” on Oread St.
- Another resident called and said 10 people were surrounding a limo trying to get into the vehicle.
- Officers tried to get a hold of limo driver to see if he was still on scene.
- Dispatch then received a call from another resident saying that one of the people surrounding the limo had a knife on them.
- Clark University called regarding a stabbing victim.
- The stabbing victim said the stabbing occurred outside of 15 Oread St [pictured below].
- Officers found blood along Main St, on Piedmont St. and in front and back of 15 Oread St.
Click below to hear police call on stabbing on Monday night [Blood found around 18:00 minute mark]:
Follow us on The016.com, the social network for Worcester and you!
The Worcester Police Department [WPD] has issued a response to the independent review and report of the arrest of 19 protesters on the night of June 1.
Benjamin Willie, 20, of Worcester will be arraigned on murder charges on Monday, July 6. His arrest came after Josue Rios was found with stab wounds.