WORCESTER – The City of Worcester and Worcester Public Schools host a rolling rally on Sunday to honor the Division I High School State Champion North High School Polar Bears on Sunday, March 26, from 1 PM to 3 PM
The Polar Bears defeated Needham High School 73-64 on Sunday to win the championship at Tsongas Arena to become the first ever Worcester Public Schools state champion.
Sunday’s rolling rally ends with an event at Polar Park.
The rally will stop at Goldsberry Street, behind the Worcester Police Department on its way from North High School to Polar Park.
The rolling rally is not a parade. The participants will travel normally from North High School to Goldsbery Street, and from Goldberry Street to Polar Park.
The route participants will take is:
- Depart: North High School, 140 Harrington Way Harrington Way to Plantation Street
- Plantation Street to Belmont Street (Rt. 9) Belmont Street to Goldsberry Street (behind Worcester Police Dept.)
- Goldsberry Street (Behind WPD) and Plumley Village (Tribute to fallen police officers and NHS alumni; home to many current NHS students.)
- Summer Street to Washington Square (Union Station)
- Washington Square to Grafton Street to Temple Street
- Temple Street to Green Street
- Green Street to Polar Park
- Main Event: Polar Park, 100 Madison St.
Image Credit: Worcester Public Schools/ Twitter
ROLLING RALLY SUNDAY FOR NORTH HIGH BASKETBALL:
This Sunday, March 26, from 1:00-3:00 PM, a “rolling rally” will be held to celebrate the North High School Boys’ Basketball Team for the players’ Division 1 Championship win, ending at Polar Park. DETAILS: https://t.co/WA8QIeRBkt pic.twitter.com/eaKaQ9jNk1
— Worcester Schools (@worcesterpublic) March 22, 2023