WORCESTER – The Plantation St. Bridge will only serving one-way traffic for three months beginning next month, as crews continue construction on a new bridge.
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation [MassDOT] will be shifting the work zone for the bridge beginning at 5 PM on Monday, November 2.
The bridge will only serve one-way traffic going northbound towards Belmont Street [Route 9] for up to 12 weeks. Two-way traffic will be restored on the bridge once construction is complete.
Drivers are asked to take the southbound detour [see image below]:
- Take Belmont Street (Route 9) to Lake Avenue;
- Turn right on Lake Avenue;
- Travel along Lake Avenue to Bigelow Davis Parkway/ Hamilton Street;
- Turn right on Bigelow Davis Parkway/Hamilton Street;
- Turn right on Water Street;
- Turn right on Franklin Street; and
- Turn left on Plantation Street.
Two public information virtual meetings have been scheduled to address the one-way traffic condition as follows:
- Wednesday, October 14 — 6:30 PM to 8 PM
Register here: https://virtualmeeting.link/plantation-st-bridge
- Thursday, October 22 — 6:30 PM to 8 PM
Register here: https://virtualmeeting.link/plantation-st-bridge-2
Image: Artist rendering of Plantation St. Bridge project one-way/MassDOT