WORCESTER – During the holiday season package deliveries being stolen from the doorstep of their intended destination has become more prominent in recent years.
Once again this season, Worcester Police are receiving some reports of delivered packages being stolen from doorsteps during this holiday season.
The Worcester Police Department has provided some steps you can take to protect your delivered packages from theft:
- Sign up for delivery alerts from USPS, UPS and FedEx
- Schedule delivery dates
- Install a recording device like a video doorbell
- Ask trusted neighbors or friends to take in your packages if you are not home
- When scheduling a delivery, leave instructions on where the package can be left
- Lock your car and roll up your windows
- Do not leave any items in your car