WORCESTER - There are currently 20 locations in Worcester to access free public wifi and there are eight more fields, parks and beaches getting public wifi soon.
The city's Technical Services Department makes public wifi available to residents.
Acting City Manager Eric Batista will present information on the city's public wifi at the City Council meeting on June 21.
Here are the 20 places that currently have accessible public wifi in Worcester:
- City Hall - 455 Main St.
- Worcester Common - behind City Hall
- Municipal Services Center - 801 Main St.
- Coes Park - 72 Coes St.
- Green Island Boulevard
- Green Hill Park - 50 Officer Manny Familia Way
- O'Connell Field at Institute Park - 155-165 Grove St.
- Polar Park
- Ash Street (Polar Park)
- Canal Street (Polar Park)
- Green Island Blvd (Polar Park)
- Madison Street (Polar Park)
- Summit Street (Polar Park)
- Washington Street (Polar Park)
- South Worcester Playground - 380 Cambridge St.
- Stearns Tavern - Lakeside Ave.
- Union Station - 2 Washington Sq.
- Union Station Bus Terminal
- Union Station Train Terminal
- Walking trail from O'Connell Field to Institute Park
The city is currently working on adding public wifi at the following locations:
- Farber Field
- Hadwen Park
- Mulcahy Field
- Pickett Plaza
- Coal Mine Brook
- Coes Pond Beach
- Grant Square
- Indian Hill Park