STURBRIDGE – Road construction in Sturbridge begins on Monday, August 3.
The streets that will be restricted from Monday, August 3, to Thursday, August 6 include:
Monday, August 3
- McGilpin Rd. – Closed to through traffic. Residents will be allowed access. The work will be on the north end of the road.
- Farquhar Rd. – Closed to through traffic. Residents will be allowed access.
Tuesday, August 4
- Charlton St. and Chamberlain Ave. – During the morning hours both roads will be closed to through traffic. Residents will be allowed access.
Tuesday, August 4 and Wednesday, August 5
- Stallion Hill Rd. – Starting during the afternoon hours on Tuesday and continuing into morning on Wednesday, the road will be closed from the Old Sturbridge Village entrance to Douty Rd. Residents will be allowed access.
Wednesday, August 5 & Thursday, August 6
- Brookfield Rd. from approximately 61 Brookfield Rd. to the Mass Pike bridge, on the southbound side. Expect delays as there will be one way alternating traffic on the northbound side. Avoiding the area is advised.