WORCESTER - With Halloween coming up, many families are looking forward to Trick-or-Treating. The Worcester Police Department recommends Trick-or-Treating between 4 PM and 7 PM on Sunday, October, 31.
The City of Worcester issued the following tips for parents and guardians to ensure a safe Halloween for children.
- Choose bright colors that make your child more visible in the dark.
- Provide children with flashlights. Be sure they can see through masks/ makeup.
- Maintain clear escape routes by keeping exits clear of decorations.
- Establish a pre-planned route and only visit houses that have porch lights on.
- Be a safe pedestrian. Look both ways and use established crosswalks.
- Inspect candy and treats before consumption.
- Drive slow and stay alert in residential neighborhoods.
- Walk in groups with a trusted adult. Children under 12 should be supervised.
- Never accept rides from strangers or enter a stranger’s home.
The City also recommends CDC Guidance on safety during holidays.