WORCESTER - The City of Worcester announced Friday the city spray parks, beaches and pool at Crompton Park will open for summer on July 1.
The spray parks at East Park on Shrewsbury Street and Greenwood Park at 14 Forsberg St. will be open seven days a week until 7 PM from July 1 to Labor Day.
The pool at Crompton Park and all the city beaches – Bell Pond, Indian Lake, John J. Binienda Memorial Beach at Coes Pond, and Shore Park – will be open from July 1 through Aug. 22.
Here are some water safety tips from the City of Worcester:
- Always supervise young children around water (stay close enough to reach a child at all times and avoid distractions such as playing cards, reading a book, or talking on the phone). Always have a phone nearby in case of an emergency.
- A drowning can happen quickly and usually silently. Avoid alcohol while supervising children and before or during swimming, boating, or waterskiing.
- Prevent water-related injuries and drownings by swimming with a buddy and swimming where there’s a lifeguard. Always use life jackets and secure personal flotation devices—do not substitute air-filled or foam toys for safety gear. When enjoying natural bodies of water, be aware of the local weather and forecast. Strong winds and thunderstorms with lightning can be dangerous.
- Watch for dangerous waves. Also know and obey the posted warnings.
- Swimming at any facility that is not staffed by lifeguards is not recommended.
For more information on the City’s aquatic facilities, including hours of operation and rules and regulations, click here.