SOUTHBRIDE – Thirty-three-year-old Worcester native Conception O. Rodriguez was arrested inside a High Street apartment in Southbridge on Wednesday morning for outstanding warrants for firearms charges.
The United States Marshalls and the Massachusetts State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section (VFAS) were both involved in the arrest. After a brief search of the residence, Rodriguez was found hiding in the basement. Once located, he surrendered without incident.
Rodriguez faces multiple charges:
- Firearm, Discharge within 500 feet of a Building
- Assault and Battery with a Firearm
- Assault to commit a felony
- Firearm, Carry without License Loaded,
- 2nd Offense Firearm, Carry without License,
- 2nd Offense Firearm violation with 2 prior violent crimes
- Assault and battery on a police officer
- Resisting arrest
- Disturbing the peace
- Disorderly conduct
- Vandalize Property (3 counts)
- Numerous motor vehicle violations
Later in the day Wednesday Rodriguez was transported to Fitchburg district court where he was arraigned in connection with a Fitchburg shooting last month.
Follow us on The016.com, the social network for Worcester and you!
The Leary Firefighters Foundation has release the third part of a five-part series titled “Worcester 6 Remembered” today.
CrimeReports.com is the nation’s largest collection of law enforcement agencies committed to transparency, public access, and citizen engagement.The Worcester Police Department [WPD] uses crime reports and the interactive crime map to give residents access to...
The Worcester Police Dept. is encouraging residents to attend their neighborhood watch meetings to stay up-to-date on what’s happening in their neighborhoods and to share any concerns or questions they may have. There are 52 Neighborhood Watch Groups in...