WORCESTER – A Worcester Police officer on patrol arrested a local man on multiple charges, including firearm possession and assault on Wednesday, Nov. 15th.
Around noon, the officer spotted a white Hyundai without a front plate on Irving Street. After checking the license plate and discovering the vehicle was uninsured, the officer called for backup and stopped the vehicle on Chandler Street.
During the stop, a passenger, Osiris Berry, 20, of Worcester, allegedly pushed an officer to the ground and fled with what appeared to be a handgun. Following a brief chase, Berry was apprehended on Bancroft Street.
A Glock handgun with an extended magazine was found near Berry.
Berry faces charges of:
- Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm,
- Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device,
- Carrying a Firearm without a License,
- Resisting Arrest,
- Assault and Battery on a Police Officer,
- Disorderly Conduct,
- Disturbing the Peace, and Trespass.