WORCESTER – Police responded to Perry Avenue in Worcester on Sunday morning for a dispute over an apartment.
Officers responded to the scene at around 11:30 AM and say learned two men, Hector Castillo, 22, and John Fox, 35, both of Worcester, were threatening a man, pointed a handgun at him, and threatened to kill him because they wanted to take over his apartment. The two had previously seen the apartment through a friend, according to police.
Police say officers made entry into an apartment and located Castillo and Fox along with a loaded firearm, what they believe to be fentanyl, packaging materials, and a scale. Neither man has a license to carry a firearm.
Castillo had outstanding warrants for his arrest at the time of the incident, according to police.
Both men face charges of:
- Possession of a Firearm without a License;
- Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card;
- Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony;
- Improper Storage of a Firearm; Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (Handgun);
- Intimidation of a Witness; and
- Threatening to commit a crime (Murder)
Fox also faces a charge of Possession of a Class A Substance with Intent to Distribute.
Editor’s note: The information provided in this report is based on recent events as described by police. The claims within are allegations by police which may be challenged by the accused in court.