WORCESTER – Data-based rankings site BestPlaces.net has put together a list of the top 100 cities in America to find a delicious donut.
Among the top ten, the City of Worcester comes in at #2 for most donut (and doughnut) shops per capita in America.
- According to BestPlaces.net:
- Providence-Warwick, RI
- Worcester, MA – 22.11 donut shops per capita/204 Donut Shops in City
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA
- Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, CT
- New Haven-Milford, CT
- Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT
- Springfield, MA
- Scranton–Wilkes-Barre–Hazleton, PA
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY
From BestPlaces.net: “New England dominated the study, with the top seven cities being located in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, or Connecticut. Providence took the crown, with a whopping 23.25 donut shops per 100K residents. Mega-chain Dunkin Donuts was founded in the Boston-area burg of Quincy in 1930, so it’s not a complete surprise that the New England region has a high density of donut shops.”
Here are the Top 10 Highest Rated Places to Get a Donut in the Worcester area on Yelp.com: