FITCHBURG – A 26-year-old Fitchburg man was arrested on Wednesday night following a motor vehicle stop.
Luis Rivera was placed under arrest in Leominster on 12 charges including possession with intent to distribute heroin and cocaine, as well as unlawful possession of a stolen firearm in the commission of a felony.
According to the Massachusetts State Police [MSP], around 8:35 PM on Wednesday, troopers stopped a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Blossom Street in Fitchburg for failing to use a turn indicator and failing to stop at a stop sign.
After speaking with Rivera, troopers determined that he was in possession of a substance believed to be heroin. Troopers subsequently located a stolen Glock handgun with a loaded high capacity magazine in his vehicle and a quantity of a substances believed to be cocaine and Suboxone on his person.
Rivera was booked on the following charges:
- Possession/Carrying a Firearm without license
- Possession of a Firearm in Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm
- Possession of Ammunition Without FID
- Possession of a Large capacity weapon or Feeding Device
- Firearm, Store Improper
- Receiving Stolen Property
- Possession of a Class A Substance with intent to distribute
- Possession of a Class B Substance with intent to distribute
- Drug, Possess Class B (Suboxone)
- Fail to Signal
- Fail to Stop at a Stop Sign
Rivera was held on $10,000.00 bail pending his arraignment in Fitchburg District Court on Thursday.