WORCESTER – NBC10 Boston is hosting a NCAA March Madness-style tournament from now until June 7 to determine the best restaurant in the Greater Worcester area.
NBC has created eight head-to-head matchups between 16 local restaurants. Round 1 started Tuesday, May 28, and the next two rounds start on May 31 [round 2] and June 4 [round 3]. Voting begins at 12 PM on the start day of each round.
The tournament page on NBC10 Boston reads: “Worcester is quickly becoming a foodie destination. While Boston might grab more headlines as a culinary destination, the restaurant scene in Worcester offers a bounty of incredible eateries, from old-school diners to hip brunch spots, eclectic fusion food and more. Now, we want you to help choose the best restaurant in the Greater Worcester area. Vote now!”
The first round matchups are:
- Miss Worcester Diner vs Smokestack Urban BBQ
- The Fix Burger Bar vs Altea’s Eatery
- Bocado Tapas Bar vs The Sole Proprietor
- Mezcal Cantina vs George’s Coney Island
- Mare e Monti vs Lou Roc’s Diner
- The Boynton vs Simjang
- BirchTree Bread Company vs 111 Chophouse
- West Boylston Seafood vs deadhorse hill
To place your first round votes, click here.